Thursday, February 26, 2009

Weird reactions

The first two days of Lent have brought an odd reaction from my body -- yesterday I was reluctant to move and exhausted by the end of the day. Today I am so hyper I just now had to lay down and do some deep breathing to keep my brain from racing away. Felt like I was going to spin right up into the air. Weird.

I don't *think* it's caffeine. I've been doing a lot of caffeine, for a long time, now. I don't think it's sugar -- I haven't had anything high-glycemic for the past two days. I think it's just my body chemistry trying to adjust. Yesterday it made for a very low-productive day at work, and today I was *very* productive, until my brain threatened to run away from home. Hoping to get more done tonight.

If you're praying for me, pray that my metabolism or whatever will even out and I can feel more normal! Still, it isn't entirely unpleasant -- any change is a good change, at this point.

Another observation: I've always known that I tended to need long transition periods between activities, but now that I'm trying to get several new things done each day it's becoming really obvious. True to FlyLady's system, I'm setting a timer for routine activities. My morning routine (which includes a daily mini-Sabbath and some time for creative stuff) adds up to three hours, but the past two mornings I have started out every day an hour behind. That extra hour seems to be entirely taken up with "staring at a wall" (or staring at a TV). The activities themselves don't take longer than they're scheduled -- the transitions are what's killin' me.

In other words, I need to develop the skill of moving smoothly and without resistance from one activity to another. I kinda knew that, but I didn't realize how important it would be to develop that skill. Something else to pray about!

No comments:

Post a Comment