Thursday, February 26, 2009

This may take a LOT of blogging, at first...

I am feeling borderline psychotic, right now.

I decluttered the couch this morning, so my bedroom is looking better. It's bedroom week in FlyLady world. I *thought* I was okay with the office waiting its turn...but in my hyper state (even after the Popcorn Incident I'm still jittery), I can't tolerate the mess.

I just cleaned out my purse *and* my backpack. Did *not* find the jump drive I thought was surely in one of them. It's not in the top drawer of my desk, either.

This is starting to look like an all-night desk and office declutter...but I'm borrowing Matt's car at 8:15 in the morning, so if I stay up all night doing this, will I be able to get up and do my morning routine?

I HATE it that these questions are still an issue for me, at the age of 48. Shouldn't I be winding down, about now? Shouldn't I be spending my evenings reading and my mornings in peaceful contemplation, just before heading over to an office that is set up just the way I need it, to do work I have been doing the same way for years?

Okay, enough "shouldn't I" talk.

What am I going to do TONIGHT?????

Since I have NO idea what I *should* do, I'm going to do what I *want* to do, which is to clean up this office. When I'm done, I'll figure out what I'm doing about tomorrow.

There ya have it. I'll check in later.

P.S. Remembered where I put the jump drive, so the scary-urgency thing is diminished...but not the jittery-urgency. Maybe that means I do the cleanup tonight, but not *all* night...

P.P.S. I can do some of this as part of my Evening Routine, without breaking any resolutions. Here's my decision: do just as much work as I need to, in order to run a report I promised for the India office, then start my Evening Routine and stretch the "launch pad and desk" and "declutter hot spots" items a little. That should get things tidied up enough that I don't feel like I'm going crazy. In my Evening Routine, I have an "update my calendar" item -- that will allow me to make decisions about how to get the Morning Routine stuff done. Whew. I think I'm gonna make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment