Sunday, July 29, 2007

On a different note

I learned something the hard way once I got home. The good news is that it didn't send me into a tailspin, and in fact I saw a one-pound weight loss just two days later.

Here's what happened: I had a date to swim with friends at 1:30 p.m., and almost no food in the house after coming home from vacation. I went out to Starbucks for breakfast and got a latte and a little cheese-and-fruit plate, went swimming a couple of hours later, and was famished when I got home.

And here's what I learned: I must NOT get in a position where I have no food in the house. I really did my best (or the best I could do in my famished, hazy state) -- I had some whole wheat bread with olive oil. Three slices. Then two more slices. And I felt yucchy.

Yucchy doesn't work for me. My body starts thinking of what it needs to eat to get UNyucchy. And my body decided it needed pizza and wings. (Craving protein?)

Spent the entire afternoon fighting the craving (mostly by watching TV and going back and forth about whether or not to go for it). Finally caved at about 8:30 p.m.

Ate the wings, felt satisfied, looked at the pizza and felt the old "gotta finish it" urge. Didn't finish it *all*, but enough that it was now 10:00 p.m. and I felt yucchier than ever. Went to bed miserable, but the worst part was that I was looking at another day tomorrow with nothing good to eat in the house.

I don't remember how I got through Tuesday, but the binge didn't continue (thank God!), and on Wednesday night I went shopping. Since then I've been consuming more fruit than I have in my life, and I LIKE IT!

1 comment:

  1. Lori- you are an awesome person and I value your friendship so much, this is an awesome blog that you are keeping and I look forward to supporting you however I can. YOU GO GIRLFRIEND!

    loveya lots

    ReplyDelete